About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

March 8, 2011

Koreaboo | 2NE1's Sandara Park misses her fans from the Philippines


2NE1's Sandara Park recently touched based with her fans in the Philippines through an interview with the Philippine Daily Enquirer. After warmly insisting they speak in Tagalog, the 2NE1 member reflected on her past and expressed her humble disbelief at her success. She said, "So many things have changed. I remember the time when I was a "krung-krung" (crazy), I didn't know much, just acting cute. It's different now, I'm with 2NE1 and I shouldn't always act like that. But I am still the same Sandara that you have known. I am just more mature now," and admitted, "I have not realized that I am a big star now."

Dara also spoke a little of her endorsement deal with Etude House. She said, "Of course, as a girl, it's my dream to endorse a makeup brand. At first, I couldn't believe it... I am so proud of myself." More than pride however, Dara expressed a sense of comfort and belonging. "I fit in here," she says, explaining that the general concept is a combination of girly, playful and naughty. "When I am watching [the advertisements], I feel like I am really beautiful here!"

Dara insisted that she still kept up-to-date with her fan websites, and said, "I still go to PEX", an online Pinoy forum. Of her fans, she said, "I really missed them!" and expressed the hope that they would wait for her.

In the interview, Dara revealed that her ultimate dream was to return to Manila and perform at the Araneta Coliseum. The interview declared her a true Filipino, stating, "When you see her transformation, and how she has evolved into a huge pop star, your sense of pride increases, with the knowledge that somehow, she is Filipino — even more Filipino than some of our local stars."

What do you think of Dara's loyalty to her fans from the Philippines?

Source: 21Bangs
Posted by soulmsarang @ Koreaboo

No comments: