Singer Gail Blanco’s name may be new to the public’s ears, but not her beautiful singing voice. She is, in fact, the voice behind several highly-successful easy listening compilation albums, which includes the In Love With Bacharach, In Love With Manilow, Acoustic Love Affair, By Popular Demand and Kris Aquino inspirational albums.
In Universal Records’ latest release, “Sweet Love: 16 Easy Listening Favorites” however, the lovely singer has finally been given the chance to present herself as a singer. Produced by Platinum producer Ito Rapadas, “Sweet Love” contains Gail’s silky interpretations of some of the biggest pop-jazz hits of the seventies and eighties.
“It feels so good to have been given this chance to record an album, which I can really call my own,” says Gail. “It thrilled me to finally see my name and picture in the cover of “Sweet Love.” She adds that she is thankful to Universal Records for giving her this opportunity to record her own album at this point in her career.
Before recording all these albums, Gail has done the rounds as a young singer – joining singing searches and losing, performing with a band, doing back-up for other singers, among others. She used to perform with World Champion Jed Madela in a band years ago and it was also Jed who introduced her to the Universal Records family, which gave her the break to be featured in the several compilation albums. “I am so thankful to Jed because he introduced me to all these generous people,” enthuses Gail. “Without him, I wouldn’t have been given this chance to fulfill this lifelong dream. The longtime friends perform “Fallen” for her debut album.
Asked to describe “Sweet Love”, Gail said that it is a celebration of love. It includes Gail’s rendition of Let’s Wait Awhile (Janet Jackson), “Tonight, I Give In” (Angela Bofill), Through the Fire (Chaka Khan), Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles), among many other beautiful tunes.
“From the interpretation to the arrangement of the songs, we really ensured that love will be felt and experienced, not only heard,” assures Gail. “For those people who love love, “Sweet Love “is for you.”
After just two weeks of release, “Sweet Love : 16 Easy Listening Favorites” is already making its presence felt in the sales charts of music stores – a surprise that keeps Gail more inspired to continue improving her craft.
“Sweet Love: 16 Easy Listening Favorites” tracklist:
1. Initial Thrill (originally by Kenia)
2. Let’s Wait Awhile (originally by Janet Jackson)
3. It’s You (originally by Stevie Wonder & Dionne Warwick)
4. Sometimes A Love Goes Wrong (originally by Carrie Lucas)
5. Fallen ((originally by Lauren Wood)
6. Tonight I Give In (originally by Angela Bofill)
7. In My Life (originally by Patti Austin)
8. You Touched My Life (originally by Gwen Guthrie)
9. Hiding Inside Myself (originally by Kenny Rankin)
10. The Trouble With Hello Is Goodbye (originally by Sergio Mendes)
11. Follow Your Road (originally by Pauline Wilson)
12. Forever Blue (originally by Swing Out Sister)
13. Just Because (originally by Anita Baker)
14. Through The Fire (originally by Chaka Khan)
15. Here Comes The Sun (originally by The Beatles)
16. Nightbird (originally by Kalapana)
"Sweet Love: 16 Easy Listening Favorites" album preview:
Follow Gail Blanco:
Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gail-Blanco/162455987108750