About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

February 4, 2011

[Flashback news] Se7en almost debuted with Rain as a duo


During an appearance on the SBS variety show Strong Heart, Se7en confessed that he almost ended up in a duo group with Rain.

Se7en, who recently made a comeback with his new album, Digital Bounce, surprised everyone as he revealed the story of how he almost debuted with Rain. He explained, “This is an event that happened between Rain and I before debuting as solo singers in 2001. The two of us almost ended up debuting together.”

Regarding the situation, Se7en said, “One day CEO Yang Hyun Suk suddenly called me and told me that we’re going to JYP’s Park Jin Young’s office. Without knowing anything at that moment, I met 20 years old Rain (Jung Ji Hoon).” In this episode, Se7en plans to reveal the events that followed after their meeting, and how the two ended up as solo singers in the end.

Posted by sweetrevenge @ Allkpop on September 6, 2010

After a sneek peek of Se7en’s story of how he almost debuted in a duo group with Rain, the full story was revealed through the recent broadcast of SBS Strong Heart.

Se7en revealed, “I almost debuted in a duo group with Rain. YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun Suk one day asked me if I would like to do a duet. He told me that there is a great kid trained by Park Jin Young. When I went to meet them, I saw Rain. We then had a dance battle to see who dances better.”

Before continuing his story, he added, “Park Jin Young sunbaenim in the past revealed through a broadcast show that Rain won the dance battle, which is why it resulted in Rain debuting first. Back then, I laughed on the inside.”

He then continued, “On my way back after the dance battle, Yang Hyun Suk told me, ‘Hey, you were way better.’ I then thought to myself, ‘I guess you always have to take the side of people close to you.’”

Fellow cast member Hong Kyung Min then asked him, “Who dances bettter: Park Jin Young or Yang Hyun Suk?” Se7en then filled the audience with laughter by making a pun, “I liked Yang Hyun Suk’s style of dance more. But Park Jin Young’s dance was a level higher. Yang Hyun Suk was just a ‘boy’, a boy as in Seo Taiji and the Boys.“

Posted by maestro-j @ Allkpop on September 7, 2010

No comments: