Through 5 years of the career triumph, Se7en maintains his position as the top male singer in Korea. Four #1 albums, eight #1 singles, numerous awards that he collected and advertisement contracts with major companies in Korea are not enough to explain the Se7en’s triumph in music business. Rather, it's his passion and efforts dedicated to music that will explain better about his success.
After 6 years of hard training in YG Entertainment, Se7en released his first album "Just Listen" in 2003. The first single "Wa-Juh (Come Back To Me)" went instantly to #1 and became a prelude for his success. That same year, Se7en won "Best New Artist" in 6 different music awards held in Korea. His second album "Must Listen" entered the charts at #1 with "Yul-Jung (Passion)" dominating all the single charts in Korea. In March 2006, Se7en released his third album and he added another #1 album and #1 single in his discography. His immense popularity has earned him an award for the Most Popular Korean Singer in the MTV Asia Awards 2006 at Thailand and the MTV Best Buzz Asia Award 2006 in Japan. To accelerate his pursuit to music career, he released his fourth album in November 2006, which went #1 again and he released his sold-out concert DVD in July 2007. In July, 2010, The album “Digital Bounce” was released and the title track “Better Together” was ranked #1 in M.net Countdown twice in a row.
After successful activity during past years in Japan, Se7en set off Japanese tour in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya during the summer, 2007. According to his Japanese label, Nexstar Records, all of the 20,000 tickets for the concerts were sold out ! Se7en also worked with former CEO of LaFace Records (record label of Usher, Pink etc), Mark Shimmel, Grammy-winner Rich Harrison and Dark Child on his first American album. On March 10, 2009, Se7en's first single "Girls" featuring Lil' Kim was released through digital stores such as iTunes and Amazon MP3. The music video for "Girls" was also released on MySpace that same day and was the most viewed video on the date of release, becoming top 5 most viewed video for the week.
• Sold over 270,000 copies of 1st album “Just Listen” on 2003
• 1st album “Just Listen" is one of the Top 3 biggest selling albums in Korea for 2003 and the single “Come Back To Me” has recorded more than one million (1,000,000+) downloads
• 260,000 fans in his online fan club, one of largest in Korea
• Released 1st U.S. single “Girls (feat. Lil Kim)” in March 2009 and it topped Myspace music video chart and stayed in Top 5 for the week
• Featured guest in Grammy-nominated American R&B singer Amerie's album track "Because I Love It" in 2007
• Sold over 120,000 copies of 2nd album “Must Listen” in the first week of its release and its first single "Passion" has recorded more than one million (1,000,000+) downloads
• Ranked No.4 in Japan’s Oricon Weekly Music chart in 2005 for "Start Line/Forever"
• Won Most Popular Korean Singer in the MTV Asia Awards 2006 at Bangkok, Thailand and the MTV Best Buzz Asia Award in 2006.
• In 2006, he released two albums, "24/7" and "Se7olution". The singles from both albums like “I Know", “Comeback to Me pt.II” and “La La La” have recorded more than one million (1,000,000+) downloads each
• Pursued acting career by playing the main role in Korean drama “Goongs”
• Sold out 20,000 tickets of Japanese Tour 2007 in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya
• Advertisement contract with the companies such as Samsung's Anycall, Coca Cola, Sprite, 7-Eleven, K-Swiss, LG Telecommunications, Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream etc. contract worth totaling ten billion (10,000,000,000) South Korean Won (KRW) or close to 9 Million U.S. Dollars
• M.net Music Video Festival - New male Artist Music Video Award
• SBS The 18th Golden Disc - New Artist Award
• KMTV Korean Music Awards - New Male Vocalist Award
• MTV Korea Seoul Music Awards - New Artist Award
• SBS Popular Song Awards - New Singer Award
• MBC Entertainment Awards - Pop Singer Section - Special Award
• MBC Top Ten Vocalist Awards - New Vocalist Award
• 14th Seoul Music Awards - Best New Artist
• SBS The 19th Golden Disc - Main Award
• SBS The 19th Golden Disc - Popular Music Video Award
• M.net & KM Music Video Festival - Male Solo Vocalist Award
• KBS Korea Pop Award - Main Award
• MBC Top Ten Vocalist Award - Main Award
• Channel V Thailand Awards - Asian Sensation Award
• China Original Music Ranking Chart SPRITE Awards - Best Artist in Asia
• Japan Golden Disc - Special Award
• MTV Asia Awards - Favorite Artist Korea
• MTV Video Music Awards Japan - Best Buzz Asia from Korea
• 16th Seoul Music Awards - Best Video Award – “I Know”
• SBS Korea POP Award - Top Artist Award
• M.net 20's Choice - Best Male Artist Award
• Samsung's Anycall
• LG Telecommunications
• Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream
• Coca Cola
• Sprite (China), CF directed by David Fincher (director of "The Social Network")
• 7-Eleven Convenience Store
• U.G.I.Z Clothing company
• KTF Telecommunications compny
• iRiver Electronics company
Brace yourself, Se7en will invade Manila very soon!