About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

February 8, 2011

[Flashback news] Se7en’s name was chosen due to radish kimchi?


On August 18th, Se7en made an appearance on the newest episode of MBC Golden Fishery’s Knee-Drop Guru.

During the show, Se7en revealed a story of how his name (Se7en) was chosen.

He explained:
Back then, I realized that using my real name, Choi Dong Wook, as a solo artist was weak. So YG Entertainment’s president Yang Hyun Suk recommended to me that I use Se7en, but I didn’t quite like it. One day, I went to eat seolleongtang with him, and the dish only came with only seven pieces of radish kimchi. Yang Hyun Suk then told me, ‘Look at that, even the amount of radish kimchi is seven. Let’s just do Se7en.’ So I just decided to use Se7en.”

Quite a unique way to stumble upon a name, don’t you think?

Posted by Maestro-J @ Allkpop on August 18, 2010

No comments: