About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

April 8, 2011

Phil. Star | Kris & the soundtrack of her life

FUNFARE by Ricky F. Lo
Updated April 07, 2011 12:00 am



If she were a song, Kris Aquino said that she would be country music. “I love the passion on the lyrics and the emotions of the singers,” Kris told Funfare in an exclusive interview. “I love Lady Antebellum & Rascal Flatts.”

Kris is not a singer (not in the sense that she could sing to save her soul) but she can carry a tune. She proved this to the movie press at the presscon the other day at Annabel’s (Tomas Morato, Quezon City) for the launch of her fifth full-length studio album called My Heart’s Journey by singing Changes In My Life along with Jed Madela who came in support of Kris together with Zsa Zsa Padilla, Gail Blanco and Christian Bautista who, like Jed, are among the artists on the album.

Besides Changes In My Life, Jed has three more songs on the album, including Only Love, To Where You Are and Healing; while Zsa Zsa has one, I’d Really Love To See You Tonight (which she sang at the presscon), Gail has two (In Your Eyes and I Will Be Here, the latter she sang at the presscon) and Christian has two (the bonus track Araw Mo and Love Moves In Mysterious Ways, the latter he sang at the presscon). The other artists and their songs are: Toni Gonzaga (God Bless The Broken Road), KC Concepcion (What About Love), Karylle (It Must Have Been Love), Regine Velasquez and Lani Misalucha (duet of When You Believe) and Nina (I Want To Know What Love Is).

Universal Records lady boss Kathleen Dy-Go presents Double Platinum Award to Kris Aquino for one of Kris’ four hit albums (Songs of Love & Healing). The fifth one, titled My Heart’s Journey (above), is on its way to also becoming a platinum.

As in the first four albums, Kris doesn’t sing but only narrates each song and talks about the six journeys of her life — The Broken Road, The Road Of Love, The Road To God, The Road Of Expectations, The Road Of Understanding and The Road Of Forgiveness.

The first album, Songs Of Love and Healing, was double platinum, the second, Love and Inspiration, gold; the third, The Greatest Love, platinum; and the fourth, Blessings of Love, also a platinum. All four and the fifth one are released by Universal Records.

At the presscon, Kris was, as usual, pestered by the press about her love life and that of her brother, Pres. Noynoy Aquino. In summary, Kris said, “James and I are friends now. I don’t want to comment on his love life (Rumor linking James Yap to Isabel Oli, which James has been denying to death. — RFL) because I don’t want him to accuse me of making pakialam with his personal life; and neither would I comment on my Kuya Noy’s private life kasi baka pagalitan na naman n’ya ako.”

Kris, who is set to spend the Holy Week in Singapore with her sons Joshua and James “Bimby” Jr., also denied that she and Diether Ocampo are an “item,” saying they are just good friends. “If there’s something between us, do you think we will be seen together in public? I’m really just comfortable with him as a co-worker and as a friend.”

And here’s the “soundtrack of her life” that Kris didn’t discuss at the presscon, it being Funfare’s “exclusive”:

The Six Songs That Mean So Much To Kris:

1. Impossible Dream (“Because it was my dad [Sen. Ninoy Aquino’s] favorite song.)

2. Hindi Kita Malilimutan (“Because it reminds me so much of my mom [Former Pres. Cory Aquino], especially the line ‘malilimutan ba ng ina ang anak na galing sa kanya’.”)

3. Magkaisa, Handog ng Pilipino sa Mundo/Bayan Ko (“For our country and for our history, because they remind me how good it is to be a Filipino.”)

4. Anyone Else But You (by the Moldy Peaches) — “It is Josh’s favorite song, from the movie Juno. It’s about loving someone unconditionally, accepting fully.”

5. Just The Way You Are (by Bruno Mars who is having a concert tonight at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu and tomorrow night at the Araneta Coliseum, produced by Marvin Agustin’s Futuretainment Productions; Kris and friends Boy Abunda and Deo Endrinal are among the investors in the Manila concert) — “The favorite song of Bimby who said, ‘Mama, that’s my song for you’.”

6. The Best of Me (by David Foster) — “Self-explanatory choice, but I don’t want to expound on it because it might get me into trouble.”

And this is what Kris wrote in the Foreword of My Heart’s Journey:

Life is full of surprises — some pleasant, most unexpected, and some life-changing. I choose to be OPTIMISTIC. Tita Gina PareƱo sent me this quotation: “Yesterday ended last night.” I learned a lot about life, love and living since the very first album with Universal Records, Songs of Love and Healing came out immediately after I gave birth to Bimby. I lost my Mom, my brother became president, my marriage ended and now I enter a new decade of my life. I thank all of you for being interested in my thoughts, watching and supporting all my projects, and for giving me the encouragement to keep pressing forward. The coming years will b e filled with even more surprises but my FAITH in God’s LOVE continues to sustain and strengthen me. This compilation manages to look back while living in the present moment, and look ahead with a smile in my soul. I open my heart to you because I know that you can all see yourselves in me…That is why I thank you for the acceptance and the identification. God bless us with so much LOVE in our journey called LIFE.


--------------------------


Check out these other related articles:


Mla Bulletin | Kris Aquino talks about the men in her life
by Alex Valentin Brosas
April 7, 2011, 11:10am


Mla Bulletin | Kris on James: Back to silent mode
by Jojo Panaligan
April 6, 2011, 1:08am
(http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/313001/kris-james-back-silent-mode)


Stir.ph | Kris’s not falling in love deadline
by: Justin John Mata | STIR Contributor
Updated 6 Apr 2011 | 09:41 AM
(http://www.stir.ph/LM/articles~level2/id-1302054020863_1/ai-null/BUZZBLAST_Kriss_not_falling_in_love_deadline.html)


Stir.ph | Kris wants to shoot Christian!
by Carlo Orosa | STIR Contributor
6 Apr 2011 | 09:03 AM
(http://www.stir.ph/LM/articles~level2/id-1302051695330_2/ai-null/Kris_wants_to_shoot_Christian.html)


Fierce Blogs | Kris Aquino - The Story Continues with "My Heart's Journey"
Posted by Eric Capacia's
On 4/05/2011 08:22:00 PM
(http://www.ericcapacia.com/2011/04/kris-aquino-story-continues-with-my.html)


No comments: