Every new album by World Champion Jed Madela has always been considered as a big musical event. The release of his new and 6th album “The Classics Album” from Universal Records is another milestone in his successful career and in the history of Philippine music industry.
Produced by Platinum producer Ito Rapadas, all the 16 carefully selected songs in “The Classics Album” comprised a collection everybody will treasure. Songs originally popularized by Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, Tom Jones, Perry Como, Matt Monro, Nat King Cole, Paul Anka, Jack Jones, The Four Tops, Simon & Garfunkel and Jed’s inimitable vocal styling added more luster to the sterling qualities of these well-loved romantic and inspirational ditties. The new CD release is in a handsome package, which goes very well with the musical treasure in the album.
“The Classics Album” tracklist:
1. What I Did For Love (popularized by Jack Jones)
2. Let Me Try Again (popularized by Frank Sinatra)
3. I Believe (popularized by Tom Jones)
4. Love Story (Where Do I Begin) (popularized by Andy Williams)
5. It's Impossible (popularized by Perry Como)
6. Portrait Of My Love (popularized by Matt Monro)
7. Softly As I Leave You (popularized by Matt Monro)
8. An Affair To Remember (popularized by Nat King Cole)
9. Times Of Your Life (popularized by Paul Anka)
10. A Time For Us (popularized by Andy Williams)
11. You Will Be My Music (popularized by Frank Sinatra)
12. Walk Away (popularized by Matt Monro)
13. Somewhere (popularized by Matt Monro)
14. Bridge Over Troubled Water (popularized by Simon & Garfunkel)
15. Love Is A Many Splendored Thing (popularized by The Four Tops)
16. Moonriver (popularized by Andy Williams)
Often referred as "The Voice" and "The Singer's Singer" by the media, Jed Madela is one of the best male singers the country has ever produced. Jed made waves during the 2005 World Championships of the Performing Arts (WCOPA) in Hollywood California when he single-handedly won all major industry awards, 6 gold medals for all 6 categories he joined in the World Star Trophy and the most coveted and ultimate title "Grand Champion Performer of the World", the first Filipino to win the title. He bested over 3,000 contestants from 52 countries to win the grand prize.
WCOPA is the first and only international series of competitions that seek to find and crown the best aspiring performing artists on earth. The talent search is an "Olympics-style" competition in which singers compete only against other singers, dance groups compete only against other dance groups, and so on.
Jed has released six albums to date. Debut album “I’ll Be Around” includes the radio smash “Let Me Love You (From The Bottom Of My Heart)”. His second album “Songs Rediscovered” was certified DOUBLE PLATINUM, while his third album “Only Human” also went PLATINUM. He also released a Christmas CD “The Voice Of Christmas” in 2007, which went GOLD. His fifth CD "Songs Rediscovered 2: The Ultimate OPM Playlist” was certified PLATINUM. He is now a mainstay of ABS CBN's Sunday noontime show ASAP XV. Jed is currently enjoying sell-out concerts in the Philippines and around the world.
Follow Jed Madela:
Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jed-Madela-The-Official-Jed-Madela-Fan-Page/107189762666606