About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

September 17, 2010

STIR.ph | A love life is not Jed’s priority

by Justin John Mata | STIR Contributor
7 Sep 2010 | 10:05 AM

When I asked Universal Records’s charming and smart top executive Kathleen Go about the company’s future plans for Jed Madela, she told me it plans to push his music in Asian countries particularly Indonesia where music of Christian Bautista, Martin Nievera and Jose Mari Chan were embraced as the country’s own. Kathleen thinks Jed’s songs will do as well if not better. Being seated next to her at the media launch of Jed’s brand new album dubbed as The Classics Album impressed me that Kathleen is Jed’s avid fan. She considers Jed as one of their valued artists with six best-belling albums to his name.

After the showcase, I engaged Jed with a series of questions.

What can you say about starting the long list of winners of the World Championships of Performing Arts from the country?
I’m very happy for being the first WCOPA winner from the country. It’s a proof that our singers will shine against the best singers in the world.

You paved the way for Charice as international artist?
I will not claim that. Lea Salonga opened doors for us. I did show, however, that Filipino singers are world-class artists.

Are you ready to introduce your songs to other countries?
I think right now I can say that I am already ready. May mga plans kasi na sinasabi sa akin na dalhin sa ibang bansa yung mga songs ko.

Do you think you are now a big threat to Christian Bautista?
Competition-wise, I think may healthy competition among us mga artists but I can’t consider myself as a big threat to Christian.

Are you dreaming also of becoming an international artist?
I think every artist including me has a dream of becoming an international artist.

Is there a special person who inspires you?
My family is the source of my inspiration.

Do you have a girlfriend right now?
No. Having a girl friend is not yet my priority.

When are you going to enter into a serious relationship?
I still don’t know when, hahaha.

So the rumor you’re getting married soon is not true?
Hindi ko alam na may ganyang tsismis pala.

Source:
http://www.stir.ph/LM/articles~level2/id-1283824942510_3/ai-null/A_love_life_is_not_Jeds_priority.html

No comments: