About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

September 24, 2010

Super Junior's Lee Teuk’s stage name wasn’t originally ‘Lee Teuk’?

Super Junior’s leader Lee Teuk recently shared a story of when he was once tangled up about his stage name.

On SBS’s ‘Star Real Video Case Idols – Chuseok Special‘, Lee Teuk revealed, “My stage name wasn’t originally Lee Teuk.”

He continued, “My first stage name was Kangsu. Kangta’s (H.O.T) name meaning was, ‘Strike a heavy blow (kangta) to the K-pop industry’, while Jun Jin’s (Shinhwa) was, ‘Advance (junjin) into the K-pop industry’, and Hye Sung’s (Shinhwa) was ‘K-pop’s comet (hyesung)’. SM Entertainment President Lee Soo Man made me Kangsu as a meaning of, ‘Time to rain (kangsu) on K-pop’.

Leeteuk continued stating, “I really didn’t like the sound of my name, so instead I received the name ‘Shin-i (God)’. When I asked what it meant, they said they derived it from ‘A child sent from God’. When I asked President Lee Soo Man what it meant, he said “You special (leeteuk) rascal’, and ever since then I’ve became Lee Teuk from then onwards.”

Posted by Luigi @ Allkpop

No comments: