About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

September 7, 2010

PEP.ph | Jed Madela sings memorable song for mom in The Classics Album

By Rose Garcia
September 4, 2010, 06:27 PM
Source:  http://www.pep.ph/news/26684/Jed-Madela-sings-memorable-song-for-mom-in--The-Classics-Album-

May bagong album under Universal Records si Jed Madela. Ito ay ang The Classics Album na binubuo ng 16 revival songs.

Ang carrier single nito ay ang "I Believe." Ang iba pang mga kanta ay "What I Did For Love," "Let Me Try Again," "Love Story (Where Do I Begin)," "It's Impossible," "Portrait of My Love," "Softly, As I Leave You," "An Affair To Remember," "Times of Your Life," "A Time For Us," "You Will Be My Music," "Walk Away," "Somewhere," "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing," at "Moon River."

PARENTS' THEME SONG. Ayon kay Jed, during his album launch at Cerchio Restaurant sa Tomas Morato, Quezon City, ang pinaka-personal favorite niya ay "Let Me Try Again."

"It's my mom's song for my dad. Yun ang theme song nila for the longest time, so, every time she hears the song on the radio, talagang nagre-react siya. She loves the song so much that I have to add it to this album. At noong narinig naman ng mom ko, umiyak siya. Hearing it from me, iba siguro yung impact sa kanya."

Sa carrier single niyang "I Believe," si Zaijan Jaranilla ang kasama niya sa MTV nito. Personal choice daw niyang makasama ang Kapamilya child talent sa music video.

"When we were deciding what first single to release, kami ng Universal, we wanted something positive. Kasi tayo palagi, it's all love songs, it's all heartbreaking songs. And sabi ko, maiba naman. Let's start this album with something positive.

"And we talked about the video. Let's make it simple. Let's show how life is as a child. Ine-enjoy natin na ang simple-simple ng life. Noong sinabi na kailangang may bata sa video, unang-unang pumasok sa isip ko is Zaijan.

"E, sobra siyang hirap i-invite because hindi siya basta-basta ina-allow ng ABS-CBN to appear in any project. So I asked Star Magic, yung handler niya. I had to ask permission from Ms. Charo [Santos-Concio, Dos president]. So, few days before the schedule of the shoot, sinabi sa akin na puwede. Kaya sobra kong saya. It's fun working with him. Typical na bata. Yung mga props namin sa set, nilalaro namin."

What about the love songs sa album niya? May personal choices rin ba siya kung sino ang mga gusto niyang makasama dito?

"I really love to work with some of my co-artists sa ABS like Bea Alonzo, Maja Salvador, Shaina Magdayao. If ever, I'll personally invite them."

NOT COMPETING WITH CHRISTIAN. Hindi maiwasang ipagkumpara sila ni Christian Bautista na taga-Universal Records din. Noong naglabas si Christian ng kanyang revival hits album, may naramdaman ba siyang pressure na kailangang mapantayan o mahigitan niya ito?

"Wala naman, kasi with me and Christian, he has a different style. Although pareho kaming balladeer, pareho kaming love songs ang pinaka-forte, iba naman yung sa kanya. Wala namang pressure. No pressure at all.

"Competition-wise, siguro, healthy competition. Not just me and Christian but of course with all the singers. Lalo na yung mga balladeers. It's a healthy thing for the industry."

Every year ang plano ng UR na mag-launch si Jed ng bagong album. Pero posible raw na itong Classics Album ang huli niyang remake at sa susunod na album ay all original contents naman.

"I made original sa first and my other album. But I think the timing is not uso talaga. Hindi masyadong sinusuportahan ng listener ang original. So we're trying our best, not just me, but other artists, to support original. As of now, maraming magandang composition. Hopefully, the market will be ready for it."

Masaya naman si Jed na he's actually starting to have a name in Japan. Marami nga raw ang nakakakilala kay Jed sa bansang ito at marami ang nagkakagusto sa kanya.

"I'm happy, I'm really happy na you know, even for a place that is kind of far, umaabot yung music ko ro'n, yung album... Minsan, kapag nag-a-abroad ako, not just Japan, but also other countries, I try to dress down especially kapag nagbabakasyon. It's very overwhelming to see and hear that people call my name na, 'Uy si Jed!' Parang gano'n, kilala nila. So, it's a nice feeling na kilala nila 'ko. Even though I'm not that very visible on TV, nakakataba ng puso na nakikilala nila 'ko."

No comments: