About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

August 9, 2010

Milkberry.net | One Way Goes Our Way!!!

Posted August 9, 2010
I promised I’d finish blogging this soon enough but if it gets delayed again, somebody go kick me right now for being to lazy. Haha. Hello, did you all miss me? No? That’s okay! :3 As you all know, actually, I’ve been tweeting, made some posts about this a long time ago but yeah now that it’s finally over…I can’t help but become a wee bit teary-eyed. Okay okay, I have been crying since last Sunday, I should really stop now. XD

So One Way finally visitied Manila for their 3-day Mall Tour at the SM Supermalls and boy, believe me…it was a BLAST! I have never experienced anything like this. You know, if you’re used to Korean idol groups, One Way’s music might be new and fresh to listen to. If you know me well enough, you’d know that hiphop and rnb isn’t really my thing, I’d go club but it’s usually house and trance for me and if I’m not listening to KPOP, I listen to alternative rock, rock…Switchfoot, New Radicals, We The Kings, Boys Like Girls type of music. Guess what, these boys turned the tables for me and I’m actually starting to appreciate their genre. Hey, I do like RnB…Babyface, yeahp. My mom was even surprised actually when she heard me blasting off some One Way tunes a few weeks ago.

So yes, One Way is set to bring something fresh into KPOP. Be honest, with the surge of boy group and girl groups with either Lady Gaga-ish or manly or I don’t even know how to describe those concepts, you’d be looking for something new and unique. Haha. I’m not saying those boy and girl groups are doing bad (I still love my Super Junior and SHINee and Wonder Girls) but of course you’d be looking for something new as well…and that’s when I was introduced to One Way.

And what made it even more epic is that THEY WENT HERE!!!!!!

Yes dears and sirs, One Way visited the Metro from July 28 to August 2, if I’m not mistaken. They had some shows and gained the hearts of many of the Filipino KPOP fans. With the boys performing their hit songs “Magic” and “Wrong Number”, they’ve surely made their mark in everyone’s hearts –including mine ^^.

All were too memorable to even pick which one was the best! Let’s have a rundown of the week then!...

Read Milkberry's full blog entry here:

No comments: