About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

April 17, 2010

f(x) Feeling Grateful After Africa Trip

As you may have already known, f(x) were in Africa for a photoshoot for “2009 Kim Joongman Africa Project” during their break. Other celebrities such as Kim JongJin and magician Lee EunKyul were present for this project.

f(x) visited a Masaai tribe to experience life in a typical African setting. The girls learned a lot from this trip, especially the hardships poverty-stricken families face in a typical day. Even with the language barrier, children of the Masaai tribe learned a lot from the girls too. They learned how to sing and dance to f(x)’s hit song, “Lachata“.

After coming back from the trip, the girls expressed their gratitude, saying, “After seeing Africa’s barren land, I kept on thinking how lucky I am that I was born in Korea. I feel like I learned a lot from the Masaai families because they can still laugh even though they are living in a hard life. I think this was my time to look back at my life, see how I’m living my life and make some changes to it.” It’s pleasant to have young artists like them to be aware of and care for the people living in poverty.

f(x) are set to make a comeback this month. Krystal and Luna recently sang for Cinderella’s Sister OST.
Source: Sports World
Translation: Sugarcookie@ aff(x)tion.com

No comments: