About Universal Records
- Universal Records
- Quezon City, Philippines
- Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!
April 21, 2010
Unlike Billy Crawford's past albums “Ride,” “Big City” and “It’s Time,” “Groove” is a covers album, his tribute album to his musical influences and the music he grew up listening to. Some of the songs in “Groove” were recorded abroad and some in the Philippines. It was also a creative collaboration among him, his friend Marcus Davis and Universal Records’ Platinum Producer Ito Rapadas.
Inside “Groove” are “Steal Away”, “Sexy Eyes”, “Mercy, Mercy Me”, “Let’s Groove”, “Could It Be I’m Falling In Love”, “Lovely Day”, “Never Let Her Slip Away”, “Someone”, “How Sweet It Is”, “One Last Cry” and bonus tracks like a Silverfilter Remix of “Steal Away.” Also in “Groove” is his duet with girlfriend Nikki Gil entitled “You’ve Got a Friend”.
Internationally Billy Crawford has sold more than 2 million records! In 2001, Billymania started in Europe when his smash hit "Trackin" went straight to the top of the French charts and was certified platinum (more than 500,000 copies sold). The track also made #1 in Holland, #2 in Belgium, #3 in Switzerland, #20 in Germany. His second album "Ride" was certified gold in France (100,000 copies) within just a few weeks and shipped gold in Switzerland. The album went on to achieve platinum status in the French market (300,000) and a total of 450,000 copies have been sold to date. Billy Crawford has already received a nomination at the 2002 NRJ Music Awards for “Best Newcomer of the Year” and in 2003, he was awarded as “International Male Artist of the Year” beating competition from Will Smith, Eminem and Robbie Williams. In 2004, Billy released his 3rd album “Big City” and toured the Philippines to promote the album release. The first single “Bright Lights” was an immediate success and the album was certified Gold. He released another album in 2007 entitled “It’s Time” and hosted a dance reality show “M.O.V.E.” The winning dancers became part of his back-up dancers in his major concert at the Araneta Coliseum. In 2008, Billy transferred to ABS-CBN and became the host of Pinoy Dream Academy and is now seen regularly on ASAP XV and Pilipinas Got Talent.
Watch Billy Crawford music videos here :
HUMAN NATURE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tslrPjID9Jo
YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11-9S5wRTx8
"Groove" track listing:
1. Steal Away (originally by Robbie Dupree)
2. Sexy Eyes (originally by Dr. Hook)
3. Rock With You (originally by Michael Jackson)
4. Let’s Groove (originally by Earth, Wind & Fire)
5. Could It Be I’m Fallin’ In Love (originally by The Spinners)
6. Lovely Day (originally by Bill Withers)
7. You’ve Got a Friend feat. Nikki Gil (originally by James Taylor)
8. How Sweet It Is (originally by James Taylor)
9. Never Let Her Slip Away (originally by Andrew Gold)
10. Human Nature (originally by Michael Jackson)
11. One Last Cry (originally by Brian McKnight)
12. Someone (originally by El Debarge)
13. Mercy, Mercy Me (originally by Marvin Gaye)
14. Human Nature (acoustic version)
15. You’ve Got a Friend feat. Nikki Gil (acoustic version)
Posted at 11:55