About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

May 29, 2011

Imago releases "Effect Desired None" music video


Imago has released the music video for Effect Desired None, the title track to their latest album. Aia de Leon, the band’s vocalist, starts the song with a casual, almost carefree, tenderness between singing and speaking.

I have always loved how Aia is able to shift moods within the song. She is conversational in one part, then goes on to become unabashedly distracted and aimless as she chills in the chorus, “nagpapalipas lang, nagpapalipas lang, well I’ll be here, I’ll be hanging”.

I am captivated by a few choice lines. “The fun stuff is in the trivial, unpoetic, unsung moments of your life”. The line mirrors the atmosphere that the music is making. We don’t have to go through life all serious, mindful of all the mysteries and subtleties. If we learn how to just enjoy the simple moments, then life would be a breeze. It’s like a comfortable silent moment of just hanging out alone. It would be fun if you don’t think at all and just be one with the moment. Easier said than done.

Frankly, I am not sure if I do understand what Imago is trying to say with Effect Desired None. But I would rather enjoy the song than be bogged down trying to look for its hidden treasures for now. I rather like the melody and that’s all I care about at the moment.

Watch the music video here:


Join Imago Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/Imago.aia.tim.myrene.zach

Follow Imago on Twitter: http://twitter.com/imagomusic

Source:
http://www.justinbreathes.com/music/imago-effect-desired-none/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I
clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Anyways, just wanted to say great blog!

Also visit my page - registry cleaner review