About Universal Records

My photo
Quezon City, Philippines
Universal Records is the NUMBER ONE independent record label in the Philippines. Bringing you quality music for the past 30 years, we are home to artists like: Jose Mari Chan, Gary Valenciano, Ogie Alcasid, Regine Velasquez, Lani Misalucha, Jed Madela, Christian Bautista, Jay R, Billy Crawford, Kris Aquino, Edu Manzano, Marian Rivera, Mark Herras, Nina, Ronnie Liang, Gail Blanco, Sam Concepcion. Our band roster includes: Parokya Ni Edgar, Kamikazee, Sponge Cola, Imago, Silent Sanctuary, Kenyo, Paraluman. We are equally committed to bring you exciting international releases covering various genres like pop, jazz, new age, classical, alternative, indie pop, rock, electronica, dance, r&b, and hip-hop. Name it, we definitely have it!

February 17, 2011

Koreaboo | TVXQ's Yunho reveals why he gives a thumbs up during performances


On the February 15th episode of "Strong Heart", TVXQ's Yunho talked about his struggles and hardships before debut. He stated, "I've experienced homelessness before debut. Despite my father and grandfather's opposition to me becoming a singer, I moved and began living in Seoul alone. I slept at a Seoul subway station a lot because I didn't have a place to live and I didn't receive monetary support from my family."

When performing on stage, Yunho always raises his thumb and gives a thumbs up for reasons previously unknown to fans. Yunho revealed that before debut, he received news that his grandfather was in critical condition and traveled back to his hometown to see his grandfather. Though he was normally strict and aloof, Yunho's grandfather would give Yunho a thumbs up to cheer him on.

Yunho continued, "My grandfather passed way before he could see my debut. Afterward, I heard from my father that my grandfather missed me very much."

Source: EDaily
Posted by junchan @ Koreaboo

No comments: